This lens has a rounded 9 blade diaphragm which creates an attractive bokeh to the out of focus area.
Excellent Optical Performance
The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and ensures high contrast images.
EISA EUROPEAN LENS OF THE YEAR Award
In the 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Sigma has produced a telephoto zoom lens that offers professional features and exceptionally good image quality at a very reasonable price.
TIPA Best Expert Lens Award
The lens is designed to cover 24x36mm "full-frame" sensors and has an optical image stabilisation system (OS) that offers superior stabilizaion.
High speed and quiet AF
The lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), ensuring high speed and quiet AF as well as full time manual focus capability.
This Large aperture telephoto zoom lens incorporating SIGMA's original Optical Stabilizer function, covers focal lengths from 70mm to 200mm and offers a constant aperture of F2.8 over the entire zoom range. The OS function offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. It makes shooting easy for many types of photography such as portraits and sports. Two FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have performance equal to fluorite glass, and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction of color aberration. Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. The lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), ensuring a quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capability. It is also possible to attach Sigma's optional APO Tele Converters.
The lens is equipped with Sigma's own unique OS (Optical Stabilizer) function. Incorporation of the OS function offers superior stabilizaion. Mode 1 is ideal for general photography and Mode 2 is designed for panning subjects such as racing cars. For Sony and Pentax mount, the built-in OS function of this lens can be used even if the camera body is equipped with an anti-shake function. As compensation for camera shake is visible in the view finder, the photographer can easily check for accurate focus and ensure there is no subject movement.
* When using the OS function of a lens with a camera which incorporates a stabilizer unit, please turn the camera's stabilizer unit off.
* This lens cannot be used with film SLR cameras with the exception of the Nikon F6 and Canon EOS-1v.
The lens design incorporates an inner focusing and inner zooming systems. The overall length of the lens does not change during focusing and zooming, ensuring convenient handling. The inner focusing system also eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using circular polarizing filters and the supplied petal-type lens hood. A removable tripod collar (TS-21) is included as a standard component.
The addition of the optical 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO Tele Converters* produce a 98-280mm F4 AF telephoto zoom lens or a 140-400mm F5.6 AF telephoto zoom lens respectively.
This lens has a compact construction with a diameter of 86.4mm(3.4in.), overall length of 197.6mm(7.8in.) and weight of 1,430g(50.4oz.). This compact and lightweight construction makes it ideal for many types of photography such as portraits, landscapes and sports.
Hood adapter extends the length of the lens hood and provides more effective shading when used with digital cameras with an APS-C size images sensor.
* When using the APS-C Hood Adapter HA850-01 with digital cameras with larger than APS-C size image sensor, vignetting will occur. Please remove the hood adapter if you are using these cameras.
This lens features two FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass, and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements providing excellent correction of color aberration. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and ensures high contrast images. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
* FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This optical glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from high anomalous dispersion.
In the 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Sigma has produced a telephoto zoom lens that offers professional features and exceptionally good image quality at a very reasonable price. Even at the maximum aperture of F2.8 the lens delivers excellent sharpness and, combined with an effective image stabilizer (OS) and fast, silent autofocus (HSM), it is well suited to demanding photographic subjects such as nature, sports and documentary. Available with fittings for most camera brands, and covering APS-C and full-frame sensors, this lens is a perfect choice for both demanding amateurs and professional photographers.
* EISA is the unique association of 50 special interest magazines from 19 European countries. All EISA member magazines meet to decide which of products analyzed in their publications during the past year deserve the coveted EISA Award. The six categories under consideration are: Audio, Video, Home Theater, Photography, In-Car Electronics Electronics and Mobile Devices.
This bright, high quality telephoto zoom lens contains 22 elements (including 3 SLD and 2 FLD glass elements) in 17 groups. The lens is designed to cover 24x36mm "full-frame" sensors and has an optical image stabilisation system (OS) that offers superior stabilizaion. Its HSM function assures smooth and silent auto focusing. Chromatic aberration is reduced to a minimum and sharpness is at a very high level over the entire focal length range.
* Currently, 29 publication from Europe, South Africa, Canada and USA are members of the TIPA (Technical Image Press Association) organization and chief editors and technical editors of these publications constitute this organization. Since 1991, TIPA has presented many awards in several sectors, including imaging.
|Lens construction||22 elements in 17 groups|
|Angle of view||34.3 - 12.3°|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9 Blades (Rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum focusing distance||140cm / 55.1in.|
|Maximum magnification ratio||1：8|
|Dimensions (diameter × length)||⌀86.4mm×197.6mm / 3.4in. x 7.8in.|
|Weight||1,430g / 50.4oz.|
|Corresponding AF Mounts||
SIGMA / NIKON / CANON
Sony and Pentax mounts have been discontinued in production.
To be the first to review this product simply fill out the form to the left and let us know how you feel about this product!
To estimate the freight on this item simply enter the destination postcode and the desired quantity and click the "estimate" button.