The Shotgun and Choke Tube Cleaner from Shooter’s Choice is designed specially to remove fouling from barrels, choke tubes, and ports. SG012 easily cleans receiver and trigger assemblies. Shooter’s Choice Shotgun and Choke Tube Cleaner quickly melts plastic wad fouling!
- Assures an even shot pattern
- Protects against rust, pitting and corrosion
- Minimizes malfunctions
- Safe, quick and easy
- Reduces recoil
How To Use This Product:
- Barrel Cleaning: Using extension tube, spray through chamber into barrel with a circular motion rotating barrel to ensure even coverage. Spray until solvent drips from muzzle (a large volume of cleaner is required to remove plastic wad fouling). For first application allow 2-4 minutes for cleaner to work. Wet a phosphor bronze brush with solvent and brush the bore 8-10 times. Flush contaminated brush clean using a Shooter’s Choice Cleaner/Degreaser after each brushing. Dry patch and repeat above steps until a reasonably clean patch is produced.
- Ported barrel: Spray cleaner into ports, brush using a nylon bristle brush.
- Choke tubes: Should be cleaned only when they are properly threaded into the barrel.
- Receiver and Trigger Assembly: Spray cleaner directly to areas to be cleaned. Brush using a nylon bristle brush. Flush areas clean using a Shooter’s Choice Cleaner/Degreaser
- Gas Operating Assembly: Spray cleaner directly to entire assembly (use a bronze utility brush to remove hard carbon). Flush assembly clean using a Shooter’s Choice Cleaner/Degreaser.
- Lubrication: After de-greasing with a Shooter’s Choice Cleaner/Degreaser, wipe off any residual cleaner, apply Shooter’s Choice FP-10 Lubricant Elite® (areas with tight tolerance) or Shooter’s Choice All Weather High-Tech Grease (areas with loose tolerances) to all moving parts and wear surfaces.
- Rust and Corrosion Protection: After lubricating it is highly recommended to use rust prevent corrosion Inhibitor. Lightly spray (over top of lubricated areas) the complete receiver, trigger assembly and all interior and exterior metal surfaces. For long term storage, run a saturated patch with Shooter’s Choice Rust Prevent down the bore, then, once again, spray Rust Prevent generously on all metal surfaces.