If you own a drone, it’s important that you understand the rules that keep you and others safe.
Visit knowyourdrone.gov.au to find out more
This is a Kit item made up of the following products:
The Inspire 1 was a revelation. The first filmmaking drone in the world to integrate an HD video transmission system, 360° rotating gimbal and a 4K camera, as well as the simplicity of app control. The launches of the Zenmuse X5 and X5R cameras further cemented the Inspire as a critical tool for filmmakers around the globe. The Inspire 2 takes everything that was good about the Inspire 1 and improves it. An all-new image processing system records at up to 5.2K in CinemaDNG RAW, Apple ProRes and more. It goes from 0 to 50mph (80kph) in just 4 seconds and hits a maximum speed of 67mph (108kph) and has a max descent speed of 9m/s for unheard of speed and agility in an aircraft this size. A dual battery system prolongs the flight time to a maximum of 27 minutes (with an X4S), while self-heating technology allows it to fly even in low temperatures. FlightAutonomy has been revised and developed specifically for the Inspire 2, providing two directions of obstacle avoidance and sensor redundancy. Increased intelligence adds multiple intelligent flight modes, including Spotlight Pro, giving even single pilots the ability to create complex, dramatic shots. An upgraded video transmission system is now capable of dual signal frequency and dual channel, streaming video from an onboard FPV camera and the main camera simultaneously, for better pilot and camera operator collaboration.
Integrated into the Inspire 2 is the brand new CineCore 2.0 image processing system, capable of recording 5.2K videos in CinemaDNG (Additional License Required), Apple ProRes (Additional License Required) and more. CineCore 2.0 is built into the aircraft nose and works with any camera connected through the dedicated gimbal port. (Currently compatible with X4S and X5S).
1. CinemaDNG: 5.2K (5280*2972, 16:9) 30fps 12bit, 4.2Gbps / 4K (4096*2160, 17:9) 60fps 10bit, 4.0Gbps.
2. 264 / H.265: Built-in 3D noise reduction, 3DLUT color management technology, advanced sensor correction. H.264/AVC BP/MP/HP Level 5.1: 4K 60fps, 100Mbps / H.265 MP Level 5.1: 4K 30fps, 100Mbps.
3. Apple ProRes: 4K (3840*2160, 16:9) 30fps (4444 XQ, no alpha)
4. Stills: JPEG/DNG/JPEG+DNG 14fps in burst 20.8MP (Photos Stored on Micro-SD Card) / DNG 20fps continuous burst 20.8MP (Photos Stored on DJI CINESSD).
The Inspire 2 creative workflow has been completely optimized and is now capable of recording video in CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes, and other common formats for post-production in filmmaking. Also supported are FAT32/exFAT (Coming Soon) file systems, which allow fast copying of files direct from the CINESSD without additional software.
Forward and downward vision systems enable the Inspire 2 to detect obstacles up to 30 meters ahead, allowing for protected flight at up to 34mph (54kph) at a controllable attitude angle of 25°. Upward facing infrared sensors scan obstacles 16ft (5m) above, adding protection when flying in enclosed spaces. Obstacle sensing systems are active during normal flight, RTH and all Intelligent Flight Modes. These sensors are core components of the DJI FlightAutonomy system.
Spotlight Pro is a powerful tracking mode that allows even single pilots to capture complex, dramatic images. It uses advanced visual tracking algorithms to lock onto a subject during flight, regardless of the direction that the Inspire 2 flies, creating shots that would once have required a dedicated camera operator. If the gimbal comes close to reaching its rotation limits, the Inspire 2 itself will rotate in the same direction without affecting flight control or the shot being captured to free up gimbal movement.
It has two shooting modes, Quick Mode and Composition Mode. In Quick Mode, select an object to begin tracking. In Composition Mode, select the subject and the tracking position. When the subject enters the preset tracking position, press the shortcut to begin tracking. The gimbal can be moved during shooting for composition adjustments. Spotlight Pro is available in all Intelligent Flight Modes including ActiveTrack, TapFly, Waypoint and Point of Interest.
In addition to Spotlight Pro, a range of other intelligent flight and shooting modes are available. Obstacle avoidance is optimized when using Point of Interest (Coming Soon) and Waypoint (Coming Soon) modes, making complex shots simple and repeatable. Also available are QuickSpin, TapFly and ActiveTrack, to simplify challenging shots.
1. TapFly: The 2-axis onboard FPV camera separates the flight view from the main camera view, effectively giving the Inspire 2 a dedicated TapFly camera. Tap a point onscreen in the FPV view to set a flight route and the Inspire 2 will automatically fly along that route, leaving the pilot to focus on gimbal movement.
2. ActiveTrack: The ActiveTrack Mode allows the Inspire 2 to recognize a range of objects, from people to bikes to cars to boats. Tracking profiles that can be adjusted based on the subject being tracked means greater tracking precision.
Forward and downward vision systems allow the Inspire 2 to create a real-time map of its flight route as it flies. If the video transmission system signal is lost and Smart Return Home is enabled, it is able to fly home along its original route, and change to a straight line when it regains a signal. As it returns, it will use the primary camera to identify obstacles as far as 200m in front, allowing it to plan a safe route home. It is also able to reconnect more quickly after losing connection.
The latest update to DJI Lightbridge technology has an effective transmission distance of up to 4.3mi (7km) and is capable of delivering both 1080p/720p video as well as the FPV view to pilot and camera operator. Users can also switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz control frequencies to cut through noise for greater signal stability.
1. Master and Slave Controllers: A new wireless HD image transmission technology sends video information from the master controller to the slave controller and the two controllers can be up to 100m apart without loss of image quality.
2. Broadcast Mode: Broadcasters can broadcast direct from the Inspire 2 using its dedicated 1080i50 and 720p60 transmission signal. Aerial live-streaming direct to TV is as simple as connecting the Inspire 2 remote controller to the satellite truck.
A new propulsion system optimized for power creates a new level of flight performance. The Inspire 2 flies at up to 67mph (108kph), descends at 9m/s and climbs at 6m/s. It can accelerate from 0 to 50mph (80kph) in just four seconds and flies at a max attitude angle of 40°.
The two controller sticks are tuned for more sensitivity, making delicate maneuvers easier.
More power also allows the Inspire 2 to fly in more extreme conditions, including over 2500-5000m above sea level (using optional dedicated propellers), and in temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C) using self-heating Intelligent Flight Batteries.
Reliability has been further enhanced through dual redundancy of key modules such as the IMU and barometer. The intelligent flight control system monitors the redundancy system, giving it accurate flight data.
The new obstacle sensing system helps the Inspire 2 sense and avoid obstacles, minimizing the risk of collision.
Dual batteries mean that if a problem occurs on one battery the other is able to continue flight long enough for a safe landing. At the same time, the Inspire 2 propulsion system is driven a PWM signal with serial port signal redundancy so that if PWM signals are lost, transmission will continue through the serial port.
This propulsion system has been tested for thousands of hours to ensure reliability, when combined with key sensors and a dual-battery design, overall flight reliability is significantly enhanced.
A series of powerful DJI accessories help improve work efficiency and give filmmakers more creative opportunities.
1. DJI CINESSD Station: The DJI CINESSD Station is used to connect the DJI CINESSD into a computer for fast, efficient file transfer.
2. DJI CINESSD: DJI CINESSD uses an NVMe logical device interface specification, features four PCI Express 3.0 ports and supports FAT32/exFAT (Coming Soon) file formats. It comes in both 120GB and 480GB. When using a 480GB CINESSD, the Inspire 2 can record videos at write speeds of up to 4.2Gbps, providing enough data to meet demanding filmmaking needs.
3. DJI License Keys: DJI License Keys allow CineCore 2.0 to record in CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes. These allow the Zenmuse X5S camera to produce the exact file type needed for individual post-production requirements. Maximum video resolution is subject to DJI CINESSD capacity.
4. CrystalSky: A 5.5inch, 1000 cd/m² display, a 7.85inch 1000 cd/m² display and a 7.85inch 2000 cd/m² display, are all designed by DJI to offer the brightness and clarity needed when shooting outdoors. A powerful video decoder integrated in these displays create smooth video and integrated image enhancement increases performance in bright environments. All these displays are operational from -4°F (-20°C) to 104°F (40°C) and are made to work with a replaceable external battery.
5. DJI Focus: DJI Focus adds remote focus control to the Zenmuse X5S.
6. 4G-LTE Network Connection: The Inspire 2 supports control over 4G. USB dongle and SDK development required. This high bandwidth allows the Inspire 2 to transmit high quality videos to a network server or can be used for ultra-long distance control. It also cuts video transmission latency to 500ms.
7. Battery Charging Station: An 800W Battery Charging Station charges up to eight Inspire 2 batteries. With additional space for storing four Intelligent Flight Batteries and a standard battery charger. The Battery Charging Station is also equipped with two USB charging ports. (Coming Soon)
8. Ground Filming: An all-new handheld camera mount is compatible with the Zenmuse X4S and the Zenmuse X5S, bringing these cameras down to the ground for more flexible filmmaking. (Coming Soon)
9. Remote Controller GPS Accessory: A GPS Accessory for the Remote Controller improves the accuracy of the remote controller’s positioning. Used with the Inspire 2’s Dynamic Home point function which constantly updates the latest location of the remote controller as its Home point, it allows accurate Return to Home when moving around an environment. (Coming Soon)
The Inspire 2 does not come with a camera.
To be the first to review this product simply fill out the form to the left and let us know how you feel about this product!
To estimate the freight on this item simply enter the destination postcode and the desired quantity and click the "estimate" button.
Get Free Shipping on all orders! No minimum spend! Items are dispatched from our Melbourne Warehouse within 24 Hours*
Shop with peace of mind knowing all items sold @ C.R.Kennedy & Co are backed by genuine manufacturers warranty.
Place a Click and Collect order online and pickup from your nearest warehouse.
C.R. Kennedy is Australia’s leading importer and distributor of photographic equipment. Our head office and main warehouse is located in Melbourne with branch offices and warehouses in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Perth and Sydney.
© 2020 C.R. KENNEDY.
All rights reserved.
We pay the store, you take the goods the same day.
Choose how you pay - weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Up to $1,000 interest free always or up to $1,000 with 6 months interest free.
*A $6.00 monthly account fee applies. Pay your balance by the due date (the end of next month) and we'll waive the fee. See full Ts & Cs
STOCK DUE The product is not currently in stock however our best estimate of the date we are due to receive more stock is indicated by the date shown. This does not guarantee all orders placed will be able to be fulfilled from the stock we are receiving on this date but is the best date we are able to provide as an estimate.Also note once we receive stock it may take a number of days for this stock to be sent to our customers
ON ORDER The product is on order with a supplier but not currently in stock and we do not have a clear enough date from our supplier as to when the stock is due to arrive.In this situation we cannot therefore provide an estimated availability date to you
NO STOCK The product is not currently in stock and we do not have this on order with a supplier
If you have questions about the availability of items on our web site or if you have placed an order for products not in stock and would like further information or wish to cancel your order please Contact Us and include the product code and/or order number so we can assist you further